Monday, September 10, 2007

Ava's 1st Birthday Party

We had a little BBQ bash to celebrate Ava's birthday- it was a good day. I think parts of it were a little overwhelming for her; the reality of a first birthday is it's probably more for the parents than it is for the birthday girl herself. She had her own cake and enjoyed the icing for awhile, before it became just too much. She couldn't really open her own gifts; but we luckily had two three year old friends, Grace and Mary Ella on hand who were happy to do it for her. Ava got many nice gifts. Some of which included clothes, her first baby, wonderful books and puzzles, and a Radio Flyer trike that she can cruise on. The night after the party, I sat upstairs and watched videos from her first days of life- I can't even remember her being that small and that was only one year ago. I wish there were a way to slow time down or press pause every once and awhile.
Our pretty little flower
Proud Pappa, with his big girl

Fascinated with hellium balloons

Mamma, I think someone is here.

Let's get this party started

Ava's birthday cake

One year olds don't really know what to do with a candle

Being the Party Princess can be really hard

On the new tricycle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ava looked so pretty in her pink dress. (I wonder if she will want to wear dresses when she gets to be 13 or 14...remember, Julie???)Wish that we could have been there to celebrate with you -- her party looked very nice, and we know you made it so special for her. Looked like a yummy cake too!

Kathy said...

ADORABLE!
I love the dress, cake, bike...everything looks so special.
Happy B-ay AVA!

Kathy said...

Um...hello....updateorama.