
Miss Ava thinks that she is big stuff. In the past week, she has become more and more determined to do as much as possible standing. With help getting up, she stands in her crib holding onto the railing and today as I coaxed her along with a toy, she started to take some beginning steps in her crib. She has also decided that baby food is not for her. Wanting nothing to do with the taste or texture, it is a fighting match to get even a few spoons in her mouth and swallowed- she has become especially good at blowing raspberries with a mouth full of sweet potato or any of those lovely vegetables that stains everything. So, I gave up and she is completely happy eating Gerber cereal puffs (that are similar to Styrofoam and dissolve with the slightest amount of moisture) and then anything soft that we are eating: bread, banana, tonight's fish, cereal bars, watermelon, and the list goes on. I have half a cupboard full of baby food-every time I go to the grocery store I buy something new thinking this might be the flavor that she likes. To my dismay-she's persistent. Wonder where that comes from? So we'll find a food bank or women's shelter that would happily receive our stock pile of food and let her eat what the big kids are eating.
No comments:
Post a Comment