
This is one of the few pictures I had saved in our computer of my Oma- taken the day after John and I got married. Tuesday of next week I will travel back to Colorado for her funeral. After she had a stroke the end of March, there was nothing more they could medically do for her. She was put into hospice this past weekend and passed away in the early morning hours on Wednesday, April 4th. I am glad that she did not suffer, nor was her life prolonged in a state of discomfort. There is much joy to be found in the knowledge that she is in heaven, with my Opa.
I am going to speak at the funeral and share memories and stories about her life. We had a very special bond, and I attribute many of the qualities in my personality to her. I am going to try and really focus on her amazing life and the strong woman that she was- it will be a day of celebration. The sad news is that she will never have a chance to know Ava in this lifetime, but I find comfort knowing that she is watching over us from above. We will miss her!
I am going to speak at the funeral and share memories and stories about her life. We had a very special bond, and I attribute many of the qualities in my personality to her. I am going to try and really focus on her amazing life and the strong woman that she was- it will be a day of celebration. The sad news is that she will never have a chance to know Ava in this lifetime, but I find comfort knowing that she is watching over us from above. We will miss her!
1 comment:
She was beautiful.
Praying for you guys.
Post a Comment