Tuesday was the first time Ava and I have been away from each other for more than 3 hours- it was a big day. I had my first trip with this new position I am doing for McGraw-Hill, which required flying to Tallahassee, FL for the day. Unfortunately, by the time the presentation would be finished, there were no more flights back to GA. This meant I would have to spend the night and return the next morning. So now, because of the time intensiveness of travel-a two hour presentation becomes a two day event. I was sad to leave my baby, but knew in the end it would be good for both of us. My mom said that when I was a baby, because she was home with me 24/7, I had terrible separation anxiety-to the point that when she would push the shopping cart through the check out lane (where it used to go behind the cashier and register) I would loose it, thinking that stranger was going to get me! I hope that our daughter will be a little more adjusted and willing to go to new people. After days looking for in home care for Ava, we finally were able to find two good options. On Tuesday, our first day apart- our good friend Becky (whom Ava loves) came and watched her. It gave me such a sense of peace knowing she was being well taken care of and was with someone she was comfortable with. Because Becky is a realtor full time, we won't be able to use her regularly-and were fortunate to find a 19 year old girl who lives only two blocks from us and seems to be really good with her. Ava is happy and seems to be okay being away from Mamma. My hope is this will only happen about one day a week.
For this week, I will have to travel again this evening- I am training all the sales staff tomorrow in Jacksonville. It's also so comforting to know that this situation allows John to have evenings and mornings all to himself with Ava. He loves spending time with her! I am so fortunate to have a husband that is a natural with her and looks forward to each second he spends with her. I think it's going to be okay.
2 comments:
It was SO good seeing you. Hopefully someday soon Caden and I can get to Atlanta to see your little munchkin.
Good luck in Jacksonville!
Ok, more pics please!
Post a Comment