
We all feel like Ava looks in this picture. A little tired, a little overwhelmed, a little unsure where things are. Surrounded by boxes and unfamiliar territory it's difficult to find a starting or ending place. The house is slowly coming together. We have been able to unpack and settle in the important places: kitchen, baby's room, our room, bathrooms. All the essentials are in place- but multiple times a day I find myself asking, "I wonder where that is?"... it's like the Memory game. Today the painters came, which brings an additional level of crazy. The house we bought was immaculately decorated and painted in all these deep Tuscan colors. The entire downstairs (which includes a two story great room and foyer) was all done in the deep mustard yellow. It worked for their stuff, it doesn't work as well with ours. Plus I have always had a weird aversion to yellow. In college one of my art professors always was pushing me to use yellow and orange in paintings. I usually resisted- the same holds true now. And so we are changing things out to suit our tastes better, various shades of mochas and reds. I think it will look fabulous when it is all said and done. John is a little more hesitant-but it is hard to see what will be when they are just beginning and everything is closed off in plastic. Our house looks like the quarantine area in the movie E.T. I keep waiting for guys in radioactive suits or Elliot to come through the opening at any moment. I will be sure to write about it in the next blog if this happens.
2 comments:
Julie and John,
It was so great to read that you were moving to Atlanta. The move will be successful for you, I'm sure. I love Atlanta because it is such a city of class. The women still present themselves with glamour and respect down there.
We'd love to send you a Christmas card but do not have your new address. Could you email it to us at eversole@divide.net?
Take a deep breath in the middle of all that is going on. Christmas will be special for you all.
Give Ava a hug for us. --Cynthia and Butch
Her chubby, beautiful face is just precious. I can't wait to smoosh and goosh her again!
Post a Comment