We took Ava to have her pictures taken professionally at three months. First, we went to one of those mall places where there are usually tons of people waiting on a first come first serve basis. Since it was the holidays and they knew it would be crowded, they scheduled appointments. We got there at our scheduled time- she was as happy as could be and all smiles…then 45 minutes of waiting passed and her pleasant disposition was gone. By the time it was our turn, she screamed and cried for 20 minutes and we left with no pictures to show for our patience. Last week I rescheduled, only this time with a photography studio that takes only one person at the allotted time. I was sure this would be a much greater success and then we got there... I had her in this big, lovely dress and she wanted nothing to do with it. The photographer suggested we get her naked and this made Ava quite happy. She tolerated the picture thing long enough for us to get a few good “naked baby” shots and then she become frustrated once again. That's when the photographer suggested I get in the photos with her. I explained that I was not planning to take pictures that day- bad hair, thrown in a ponytail and I wasn't wearing an outfit that would look good with a white background. And then the pirate shirt came out! There was an episode of Seinfeld where he was to wear this white peasant blouse with puffy sleeves. That was what she had for me. I thought it was all rather silly-a few of the pictures turned out nice, despite how ridiculous I felt in the pirate get up. ARGH!
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
The Pirate Blouse
We took Ava to have her pictures taken professionally at three months. First, we went to one of those mall places where there are usually tons of people waiting on a first come first serve basis. Since it was the holidays and they knew it would be crowded, they scheduled appointments. We got there at our scheduled time- she was as happy as could be and all smiles…then 45 minutes of waiting passed and her pleasant disposition was gone. By the time it was our turn, she screamed and cried for 20 minutes and we left with no pictures to show for our patience. Last week I rescheduled, only this time with a photography studio that takes only one person at the allotted time. I was sure this would be a much greater success and then we got there... I had her in this big, lovely dress and she wanted nothing to do with it. The photographer suggested we get her naked and this made Ava quite happy. She tolerated the picture thing long enough for us to get a few good “naked baby” shots and then she become frustrated once again. That's when the photographer suggested I get in the photos with her. I explained that I was not planning to take pictures that day- bad hair, thrown in a ponytail and I wasn't wearing an outfit that would look good with a white background. And then the pirate shirt came out! There was an episode of Seinfeld where he was to wear this white peasant blouse with puffy sleeves. That was what she had for me. I thought it was all rather silly-a few of the pictures turned out nice, despite how ridiculous I felt in the pirate get up. ARGH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Man, I have totally given up on professional pictures until Caden is at least old enough to follow instructions. Our portrait day was also a horrible episode.
The picture is beautiful though...pirate blouse and all. That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Hilarious.
For what it's worth, you can work a pirate blouse like nobodies business.
I miss you too much...
Hei dette ere tante
Post a Comment