| Out to dinner in Buckhead to celebrate being a Mom |
I feel especially blessed to have these two on either side of me--they are the reason that I am a Mamma and I truly cannot imagine life any other way. John and I often comment wondering what we did before we had kids--it's hard to remember. It seems our whole lives center around them; time, money, emotions, anticipation, disappointment, and great, great JOY. There are days that are harder than others having this job, but in the end it is the most fulfilling one I will ever have. As Ava and Karsten get older it seems easier and easier. They are able to do more things independently and their personalities and senses of humor keep us constantly laughing.
This is the bracelet and All About Mom page that Ava made for me at Kindergarten. It is funny to read her interpretation of me. I got an especially good laugh on the line that reads, My mom always says, " go get the drinks." I am pretty sure this is in reference to me asking her to get juice boxes from the outside fridge, but one could easily read it that I enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail with great regularity (which isn't far from the truth, but I rarely ask her to get it! :) As my sister noted, all of my cooking and expertise when it comes to baking also seems to go unappreciated, as PBJ is the thing I make best according to Ava!
1 comment:
The very best Mother's Day gifts are spending time with your precious kids. They grow up too fast, but you are making a lifetime of wonderful memories with them.
Love,
Mom/Nana
Post a Comment