Going through photos on my camera, I realized I never did post pictures from our trip to Tennessee the beginning of November. John had planned to go to Nashville to see a Petra concert and with Karsten now also loving this band (from listening to them while driving in the car), John thought it would be fun to take Karsten along to the show. So we all went to TN for the weekend and had a great time. The first night we drove to Nashville and stayed at a hotel right in the heart of downtown. That evening John and Karsten went to the concert and Ava and I stayed at the hotel, went swimming, and watched movies in bed.
A great view from our room, near the top of the hotel.
Karsten had an amazing time-- John said he was fascinated at the concert, clapped along and sang to every song he knew. He came home after 10 that night and was SO excited to tell me all about it! Karsten has an amazing ear for music, memorizes lyrics almost immediately after hearing a song, and is very interested in being in a band. He has asked Santa for a drum set for Christmas. I think we need to tap into what is an obvious interest and appears to be a real gift in him. John LOVED having Karsten there with him and I am so glad that they shared this experience. Hopefully there will be many more father/son concerts in the years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment