Monday, November 16, 2009

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme



TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
  • Healthy, happy family
  • Much needed down time together
  • Peace
  • Continued job opportunities
  • A little surprise wrapped in pretty paper
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
  • Anything my kids make, I never realized how much that meant until I had my own children. My mom always said, handmade gifts make the best gifts. And when they come from someone you love, she's right!
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
  • There are lots of creative ideas I want to tackle, wish there were more time in the day.

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
  • Easy Bake Oven
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
  • Dollhouse and Train Table ( Ava is starting to ask for just about every other thing she sees on TV, isn't three too young to buy into marketing?)

6. What is your favorite holiday food?
  • Cookies that only get baked this time of year, and as reminded by my mom--my Oma's Dobosh Torte. Miss the cake, miss my Oma even more
.
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
  • Christmas Cards-- every year. This year I am trying to sew the kids matching flannel jammies and will also attempt to paint the top of a train table for Little Man.

8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
  • Christmas Story

9. Favorite holiday song?
  • Silent Night

10. Favorite holiday pastime?
  • Establishing traditions, time with loved ones

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nostalgic & brought tears to my eyes, Julie. Can I share my answers with you:
1. more time spent with faraway family, good health for my family, pictures of my grandchildren, appreciation for life's everyday miracles, time to slow down & enjoy the true blessings of Christmas.
2. I still agree with your comment
3. wish I could learn to knit or crochet
4. Tiny Tears doll
5. not applicable
6. Oma's special dobosh torte - was always a Christmas tradition
7. candle centerpieces
8. Polar Express
9. Silent Night
10. family time together

Love & hugs to you,
Mom

Susan said...

My easy Bake oven was MY Favorite too. I had the Holly Hobby one did you? Scott, oops I mean Santa, gave me the updated version of the Easy Bake Oven for Christmas a few years ago. I cried, it was such a special gift. Although I have to admit the cakes were much tastier when I was 7 years old. :) But the thought was so very sweet of him

Lara H. said...

Nate, too, asks for every other thing he sees in TV commercials. My stock answer..."we'll have to ask Santa for it". I feel like a broken record....

irmelin said...

miss you very much :-)

nice blog :-D