The past several days have been exhausting for everyone. Karsten is either going through a phase of separation anxiety or he is sick. After four days of literal hysteria when it comes to sleep, both at night and in the middle of the day--we need to figure something out. It breaks my heart for him to be so crazed about being left in his crib. He sobs and desperately grasps at us, begging to be held or rocked. It seems everyone has an opinion: let him cry it out, go in and reassure him , pick him up/don't pick him up. sit with your back to him in the same room. rock and love him--knowing this too shall pass. We have tried all of the above and nothing has been the fix thus far. He has learned to flip himself out of his crib, so tonight his mattress was moved to the floor. He also has got himself so upset the past two nights, he got sick to his stomach. Tonight, all I had to do was set him in his crib and he forced himself to throw up. Don't know if it is an anxious belly, attention, or him being sick. And so-- we have to start with a doctor visit tomorrow and rule out an ear infection or strep that is making him miserable. Although I never want my kids to be sick, I am hoping it is something that can be easily diagnosed and then treated, so we can hopefully move on from these terrible few days. If it is in fact anxiety induced, I am hopeful we can comfort him and get through this period. Prayers are welcome, for his sweet soul and for our patience and persistence.
2 comments:
Been praying for you...hope things are better. As my Mom always reminds me :...and this too shall pass"
Oh Julie. I'm so, so sorry to hear Karsten (and the entire family) has been going through this. I do hope this passes soon, and I can fully understand your conflict on wanting something diagnosed. I'm anxious to hear news of some progress.
Thinking of you all,
Lara
Post a Comment