Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Eggs and a Bunny Cake



In sticking with tradition, we spent Saturday afternoon dying easter eggs. John is the only one in our house who eats hard boiled eggs and the mess of dying kind of out weighs the excitement, but I still like to do it. For the 10 short minutes that Ava and Karsten are actually interested in the process, it's fun. They are amazed to watch a white egg go into the cup and seconds later a brightly colored one come out. This year Karsten's hands matched some of the eggs, he didn't really understand using the spoon and it was much easier to simply reach in and pull out the egg with his bare hands. Luckily children wash. Ava and I also made a carrot cake bunny that evening. Growing up, my mom made the two-round bunny cake several years , I myself had never tried it. It is always fun baking with my little side kick, although she mostly just licked the batter and ate coconut!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very professional looking bunny cake! (And carrot cake is a great idea -- I'm sure that was a hit for dessert on Easter.)
Surprised that Ava & Karsten don't like hardboiled eggs...don't you make deviled eggs? I'm sure John would enjoy those, and I know he likes egg salad. You can also slice hardboiled eggs and add to salad.
Love,
Mom/Nana