Sunday, February 22, 2009

Karsten's Birthday Party




So I have learned from past experience-- Ava's first birthday party was busy, filled with many people, lots of noise, some tears and and a somewhat overwhelming experience for her. I came to the decision that her party was more for us, than it was for Ava--afterall she didn't have her own friends at that point. As Karsten's big day was approaching, I decided it would be more low key. This past Thursday we had our dear friends, the Beaver family over. They are some of the most special people in our lives and are also Karsten's godparents. We had a nice dinner, good conversation, balloons, cake, and presents. He was happy, we were happy, they were happy. All in all it was a wonderful evening--lots of pictures were taken and he will never know the difference that there wasn't as much hoopla for his first birthday as there was for his sister. Life is full of learning lessons, luckily I have a second child to figure out how to do things differently and sometimes better the second go around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your children are beautiful and what GREAT parents you are! The dinner was awesome, the evening was so nice as we are all so comfortable with you! We love our precious friends! (My first comment! Yay!)
Love, Becky

Anonymous said...

Happy First Birthday, Karsten! We wish so much that we could have been there to celebrate with all of you. I know you had a fun evening with the Beavers, and the cake looked great too! At least for his "early" birthday party, Karsten looked like he felt ok, and that he was having fun. Such wonderful pictures...please send some copies when you have time.

We miss you lots! Thinking of you and praying for you everyday,

Much love & hugs to all,
Mom/Nana