Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Our Little Pumpkin


I wasn't planning to do much for Halloween this year- with Ava unable to consume a candy bar; I thought we would be relatively low key. John's brother sent us this very sweet pumpkin outfit, and although we didn't go further than our living room- I thought it important to document her first Halloween. This costume brought back vivid memories from a year (in preschool, I believe) that I too was a pumpkin. My mom made the costume; it was like a big sack that I wore with tights. We filled the body with mounds of crumpled newspaper to look like a full Jack O' Lantern. Good idea, until I needed to use the bathroom. No easy access in that get up. I remember spending a very long time pulling out the papers one by one, until it was emptied and I was able to remove the pumpkin sack. It's funny the things you recall.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

She has changed so much already! She's is so adorable. I can't wait for you to be settled in Atlanta so we can come visit!

Kathy said...

"She's is"
Love my english?