Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Ever Expanding Belly


With three weeks left to go in this pregnancy, I am ready for our little girl to be here. The novelty of growing another human being is still very much there- I simply am ready to see her and hold her. For some reason I have got this idea stuck in my head that she will arrive early. I blame this partially on a recent ultra sound that revealed I am measuring a little larger than I should be; part due to extra ambionic fluid, part due to a big baby. The technician put on the print out an EDA of September 5th, rather than the 15th. So, naturally I got in my head that she should come 10 days early. When I inquired with my doctor- he simply responded, all that means is you are going to have a bigger than average baby. He seemed to think there was no reason I shouldn't be able to deliver a 10 or 11 pounder! Maybe I physically could, but I certainly would prefer 7 or 8 lbs. And so the home remedies begin: spicy foods, Primrose oil capsules, lots of walking, and other recreational means to get her to debut. We'll keep you posted as soon as there is a daughter to report of...

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You are SO cute! Gosh I wish I could be closer. The nursery is adorable and those pics of the baby are AMAZING! Miss you so much. Call me whenever you want. I know these last days can be endless but hang in there...she'll be here before you know it! Also, take advantage of the expectant mother's parking whenever and wherever you can.
Praying for you guys!